Wentworth Community Housing signs merger agreement
We are pleased to announce that Link Housing and Wentworth Community Housing have signed a merger agreement.
Faced with the growing NSW housing crisis, Tier 1 providers Link Housing and Wentworth Community Housing recognised that they could do more to solve the housing crisis and help the community by working together.
With their aligned values, vision and mission to develop more social and affordable housing, a merger agreement was signed on 29 September 2020 with the intention to become Link Wentworth Housing Ltd (Link Wentworth). Subject to member votes, the projected Day 1 for the new organisation is 31 March 2021.
This exciting new merger is about growth and sustainability. With an increased scale of operations, broader coverage of Sydney and surrounds, and more than 60 years of combined experience, the merger will see the new organisation:
- Deliver more housing with greater scale and financial strength, becoming a preferred partner for initiatives that increase the supply of social and affordable housing
- Provide expanded services for their tenants and people who are experiencing housing stress and homelessness
- Advocate for greater change using their combined voice, reputation and position to influence policy and public perception
- Increase their effectiveness leveraging economies of scale to invest in improved systems, technology, services and solutions
- Be an employer of choice building on existing strengths and reputations to grow, and create greater job and career opportunities for staff.
Following the merger, Link Wentworth will be one of the largest CHPs in Australia with significant capacity to do more.